Your engine needs clean oil at all times. When you have a reusable oil filter, the only way to keep your oil clean is to clean the filter at every oil change. It’s an easy process that takes only 10-15 minutes.
There are two ways to clean your reusable oil filter:
1. Use A Cleaning Kit
Some reusable oil filter manufacturers also offer cleaning kits. Take our cleaning kit, for instance. The ECO-Shower is a cleaning system that thoroughly cleans PurePower! lifetime oil filters. We designed the ECO-Shower to make it as easy as possible to clean your PurePower! oil filter. This video shows how our cleaning kit works:
Here’s how to use an ECO-Shower cleaning system:
- Remove the lid of the bucket. Underneath, you’ll see a gray square bracket that pivots. Flip it over and then lock the cleaning unit. Set the blue tube outside of the bucket.
- Find the correct sized cleaning mandrel. Screw it onto the cleaning unit.
- Attach the blue hose air connector to an air compressor. Set the air pressure to 80-150 psi.
- Connect a water hose to the side of the cleaning unit. Ensure a tight fit so it doesn’t leak.
- Remove the oil filter from the vehicle and then disassemble it. Unscrew the top of the filter, and then take it off of the long hollow canister.
- Spray Eco Sudz into the interior of the filter element. Next, slide the filter element onto the mandrel. Secure with the locking ring provided.
- Spray Eco Sudz onto the exterior of the filter element.
- Let the filter element sit for at least 5 minutes. This will allow the soap to do its magic.
- Turn on the hose and the air valve.
- Slowly rotate the filter element until it’s clean.
- Turn off the hose and then leave the air supply on. Rotate the filter until it’s dry.
- Remove the filter element and then dry it off with compressed air.
- Dispose of the dirty water by pouring it down the drain. The detergent we use breaks down the oil enough to make this safe and legal in most communities. (Always check your local regulations.)
2. Clean The Oil Filter Manually
You can opt to clean your oil filter manually. There are many different old school methods. First, take the filter element out and then soak it into one of the following for a few minutes:
- Carb/choke cleaner
- Soap and water
Give it a shake every once in a while. Drain the fluid. Next, dry the filter out with an air compressor.
The ECO-Shower Produces Better Results
If you want your PurePower! oil filter as clean as possible, use an ECO-Shower. Our cleaning system is easier and better than the manual method. This is because:
- It’s less messy. Everything is contained within the bucket.
- You’ll see more thorough results.
- You won’t be using any harsh chemicals that are harmful to the environment.